How many of you love this?…
I remember as a young boy, my grandmother preparing this cake. Upside-down cake…I was confused…the cake was still upright. Where’s the part where we flip it on its head and make a total mess?
I am often reminded that God has His own “upside-downedness.”
- The last shall be first, and the first shall be last
- He or she who would be great, must be a servant
- To truly live, we must die (to ourselves)
- The proud are humbled, but the humble are exalted
- She who had the least to give (the widow), gave the most
- And of course, the ultimate example where God used a killing machine (the cross) to save the world
There are many more examples in the Bible. I encourage you to share your favorites.
Jesus simply turns the conventional wisdom of the world, about success, happiness, love — on its head. The cake is finally flipped!
Christ has flipped
these two worlds
on their collective heads
Last is first
the humble instead
of the prideful perch
To truly live
I must be dead